Living abroad has taught me a lot more abt myself and relationships
than staying at the same place ever could
Or perhaps that I’ve hit a certain maturity level, plus I happen to be situated in this time and place where I constantly meet a variety of diverse population
As I learn more abt myself on all aspects, I’m starting to have a better idea abt what appeals to me as well -
1) My partner has to be someone with vision, wants to see the world like I do/with me, and has ambition to pursue a simple life
2) He has to be comfortable with all socializing scenarios, since I’m very active and may need someone that isn’t necessarily extremely extrovered, but has to be at least keen to meet people and act presentable
3) I have the tendency to fall for people that I have minimal chance to stay with physically
4) Just because it’s more important to have someone that can understand me than to undress me
5) My life is constantly changing, I’m always on the go, or at least onto my next move. Which is very contradicting to my preference of having a stable partner.
6) Nothing ever goes as I planned, so I’ve stopped planning every lil detail of my life, instead I focus on the big picture only. And wtvr happens next can always be a surprise.
7) I can no longer commit easily. Not because I don’t believe in relationships or lack of desire to, but simply because I’m so unstable here and now. I still only date one person at once, since I cant change how easily I get attached emotionally and how ridiculously loyal I am.
8) I tease too much when I’m not serious. But when I am, I display my affection in very subtle ways.
9) The right person will always make the extra effort to get through to me, if he doesnt, he doesnt like me enough and I don’t bother.
10) My worry free secret: love with no boundaries, give with no expectations, and savor the present knowing that i’ll never have the luxury to know the future.